Find your nearest service centre
ABS Consumer Warranty
ABS hereby warrants that subject to your non-excludable rights and the exclusions shown below, our products and services will be free from defect for the applicable warranty period or we will correct, repair or replace the defective product.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The ABS Consumer Warranty is an additional benefit to you the customer, given in addition to your consumer rights under the Australian Consumer Law (‘the ACL’).
In all cases, the responsibility for attending to or accepting any claim under the ABS Warranty lies with the ABS centre where the original work was performed. That centre may at their discretion, authorise warranty to be performed elsewhere, when it is impractical to have the work performed by the original centre.
In summary, the ABS Warranty is provided to you –
• By Australian Automotive Distribution Pty Ltd (trading as ABS) of 76-92 Station Street, Nunawading, Victoria 3131, phone: (03) 8878 1111, email: email@example.com
• With you as the consumer responsible for expenses associated with a warranty claim;
• Only as the original purchaser of the part, service or repair;
• Only upon production of your invoice, receipt or proof of original purchase;
• Where not excluded by our “Warranty Exclusions”;
• For the following period or kilometres travelled (whichever comes first) from the date of purchase:
-all products, repairs and services for six (6) months or 10,000 kilometres
Your ABS Warranty does not extend to the following:
• Damage caused by accident, fire or theft; damage as a result of towing; damage caused by misuse of the vehicle or where the vehicle is used in a competition or in a closed circuit event; damage caused by continuing to operate the vehicle after a defect is known;
• Alteration, modification or removal of products by anyone not authorised by ABS; we will not pay under the Warranty for work performed elsewhere unless it has been expressly authorised by ABS;
• Damage by causes beyond our control;
• Products supplied by the Customer;
Some manufacturers may warranty products beyond the ABS Warranty period; ask in store for details of any applicable extended warranty
Effective 1st July 2015